2 x 500ml - $79.90
The Fabric Hood Cleaning Kit contains all you need to clean and waterproof your mohair, double duck, fabric or canvas car hood.
The kit contains a pH neutral cleaner with a biocative agent that cuts through dirt, mould and green algae. The coarse sponge included in the kit allows you to agitate the surface to lift dirt, without damaging fabric.
The second part of the kit is the protector which imparts a water-repellent coating to the fabric, causing water to bead and clear quickly.
If you have a vinyl hood, clean thoroughly then protect with Bumper & Trim Gel.
Pro Tip: If your fabric hood is very green with algae and mould, it may require repeated cleans to fully draw out the bacteria. To remove stubborn staining keep the treated area slightly damp by covering with plastic sheet overnight. This allows the cleaner to continue working.
How to use
1. Vacuum the hood prior to cleaning.
2. Dampen the roof. Shake Fabric Hood Cleaner well. Test a small inconspicuous area for colourfastness.
3. Spray Fabric Hood Cleaner onto the hood, avoiding overspray onto windows and paintwork. Agitate the hood using the sponge provided, concentrating on any stains or green algae.
4. Allow the generated foam to penetrate before rinsing very thoroughly with a hose or a watering can. Continue rinsing until all foam has disappeared. Do not rinse using high pressure water.
5. Pat the surface dry to remove surplus water. Spray Fabric Hood Protector to the cleaned fabric immediately while the hood is still damp.
6. Remove any overspray on windows and paintwork immediately with Fast Glass.